- Is your school accredited?
Trevecca Nazarene University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Click here for more information.
- If I have a question, who do I contact?
One of our admissions representatives would be happy to help answer your questions. Please call 844-TNU-GRAD or email SGCSadmissions@trevecca.edu
- Does TNU offer associate degrees?
We do! We offer an Associate of Arts degree with a major in General Studies and an Associate of Science degree with a major in Business Management.
- How long will it take to earn my degree?
This varies by the degree you are pursuing and the number of college credits you transfer in. Our program cores are approximately the following lengths of time:
- AS Business Management: 30 months or less
- AA Human Services: 30 months or less
- BA Christian Ministry: 18 months
- BS Computer Information Technology: 22 months
- BA Management and Human Relations: 15 months
- BA Psychology: 18 months
- BS Healthcare Administration: 18 months
- Master of Organizational Leadership: 18 months
- Master of Business Administration: 24 months
- MA Religion: 18 months
- MS Health Care Leadership and Innovation: 18 months
- MS Instructional Design and Technology: 15 months
- EdS Accountability and Instructional Leadership: 17 months
- EdD Leadership & Professional Practice: 27 months
- How do your online programs work?
Our online courses are 100% fully online. Classes are taken asynchronously so you can take classes anytime-- day or night! Our programs are extremely flexible and can work around your career and family obligations.
- I have a full-time job. Can I really fit this into my schedule?
Our programs were designed with you in mind-- a busy adult. You take one class at a time and can maintain your obligations while pursuing your dream of a college degree.
- What is a cohort model of learning?
Our students are enrolled with the same group of students (cohort) throughout the program, taking the same course work. This provides the opportunity for networking, building support systems, and establishing long-term friendships.
- Does TNU charge an application fee?
No! Our application is free!
- Do I need to request and pay for my transcripts to be sent to TNU?
Yes. Please have your official transcript sent to:
- Trevecca Nazarene University
ATTN: SGCS Admissions
School of Graduate and Continuing Studies
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210
- Trevecca Nazarene University
- Is the GRE or GMAT required for admission to graduate programs?
Our online master's and EdD programs do not require the GRE or GMAT.
- It has been a long time since I attended college. Will my credits transfer?
All college-level courses, meaning not remedial or developmental, will transfer from a regionally accredited institution with a passing score of D or above. Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution in order for courses to be posted.
- Will my professional license training count toward credit for my degree?
Many types of professional training can be considered for college credit. Visit our Prior Learning Assessment page for more information.
- Am I able to test out of courses to earn credit?
Yes! TNU accepts credit by exam for some degree requirements. Students can take CLEP and/or DANTES exams to earn additional credits in their transcript review. Click here for more information.
- Is TNU a member of the Yellow Ribbon program?
Yes! Trevecca Nazarene University is committed to those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.Trevecca offers free tuition for eligible military veterans and/or their families who wish to earn an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree.
- Can my military training count as college credit?
Yes! Trevecca will evaluate military training for college credit. We’ll use the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services, published by the American Council on Education. Get credit where credit is due!
- Do you accept scholarships and/or employer tuition reimbursement?
Yes, many Trevecca students are eligible for federal and state grant and loan opportunities. Additionally, many employers provide some level of tuition reimbursement. Details can be obtained from financial aid. Click here for more information.
- Do I qualify for financial aid?
Eligibility for financial aid is dependent on many factors. Our financial aid department will provide assistance and explain your options. Please see additional financial aid information here or contact one of our financial aid representatives at SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu
- What is FAFSA?
FAFSA on the Web is the U.S. Department of Education's official electronic application for federal student aid. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to find out steps to apply. Trevecca's school code is 003526.
- Are there specific technology requirements?
Yes. At minimum, you will need a computer, modem, and phone or broadband connection to receive and send class materials.
Laptop computer with the following hardware levels:
Processor: i5 2 core (4 core preferred) processor 2.0 GHz or greaterInternet browsers:
LCD: 15 inch or greater
Memory: 6GB or more of RAM
Hard Drive: 80 GB or more of free disk space
Other drives: DVD+/- RW
Wireless network adapter
Standard Webcam with microphone
Mozilla FirefoxOperating system:
Chrome (only for Mac Users)
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with current service patches, orRequired software supplied by student:
Mac 10.7.7 (or later) with VMware Fusion 5.0 and a Windows 7 or 8 OS environment.
Current OS security patches and fixes
Current Virus Scanning Software
MS Office (2010 or later)
While the minimum configuration will enable students to take classes, a faster computer, more memory, and a faster Internet connection will always provide a better experience.