At Trevecca, we know how important getting a college degree is to you. We also know that life is busy and you may not have time to attend classes on campus. With you in mind, we created Trevecca Online to provide you with an accredited, affordable education completely online. Whatever career you're seeking with this degree, Trevecca will help get you there.
This degree is a wonderful option for transfer students who have a significant number of earned credits and want to complete their degree. Students in this program are not eligible to graduate with additional designations on their transcript (e.g., double major, minor, concentration).
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written communication.
- Articulate the foundational themes of the Holy Bible as well as the intellectual strategies for further study of scripture.
- Articulate the parameters of Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, doctrinal and moral convictions of the Church of the Nazarene and the connection with intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical life, individually and collectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of global civilization, human behavior, and religion through historical, literary, and aesthetic records.
- Demonstrate an understanding and practice of various intellectual modes of thinking.
- Integrate the fundamental doctrinal/moral tenets of the Christian faith with the basic liberal arts and academic major, forming students for Christian leadership and service in the global community.
- Demonstrate an understating of cultural diversity with a capacity to positively engage others.
You've worked hard to get where you are, and we believe your life experiences should count for something. For this reason, we offer college credit for various certifications, assessments, and professional experiences accrued during your time away from school. Upon enrollment, Trevecca’s team of advisors will work directly with you to complete a Prior Learning Assessment to ensure your life’s work isn’t overlooked.
Need some extra hours, or looking to tailor your degree? Trevecca offers courses that can be taken for general elective credit in the following areas:
- Health Care Administration
- Information Technology
- Christian Ministry
- Management and Human Relations
Upon enrollment, your advisor will work on adding any elective courses you may need to your schedule.
Trevecca Online provides you with the education you need and the flexibility you want. Get started on your future today! Fill out the form to be connected with an admissions counselor.
Program of Study
The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies includes the general core education requirements and electives for the bachelor degree. 120 semester hours are earned by completing additional courses needed. Students will choose courses from various programs to create a program of study suitable for their own schedule and plans for the future.
Program of Study
General Education: 36 hours
Religion: 6 hours
Any one general discipline: at least 21 hours at the upper-level
Capstone: 3 hours
Electives: up to 54 hours
Total Credit Hours: 120
At least 30 of the 120 hours must be upper-level.
Up to 90 hours may be transferred in.
At least 30 of the 120 hours must be earned at Trevecca.
Financial Aid and Costs
How many students receive financial aid?
62.5% of our students receive some type of financial aid to pay for their education!
How am I going to pay for it?
- Federal loans and grants are available to all eligible students who complete a FAFSA
- Employer tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Monthly payments through Trevecca make fulfilling tuition requirements more manageable
- Military benefits such as Yellow Ribbon and GI Bills are accepted by Trevecca University
How do I qualify?
- Fill out your FAFSA. Based on your income, you will know how much federal financial aid you are eligible to receive.
- Talk to your employer about tuition reimbursement opportunities
- For military benefits, contact the Academic Records Office at 1.615.248.1268
Why choose Trevecca?
Since 1901, Trevecca Nazarene University has been dedicated to bringing Nashville students an unmatched education through exceptional teaching. Now the same education is available any time, anywhere through Trevecca Online, allowing you to receive the education you want with the flexibility you need.
Trevecca's cohort model of instruction provides you with a close-knit group of fellow students who will be on the same educational journey from the first day of classes until graduation. All classwork is completed through Blackboard, an interactive and innovative online learning system that allows you to communicate quickly with fellow students and your professors.
With the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies, you will have an excellent, comprehensive foundation for your education. Through completing these core courses online, you will be equipped with a bachelor's degree and on your way to a brighter future.
At Trevecca, we want to help you acquire the necessary skills to become the best of what you want to be. With Trevecca Online, you have the opportunity to receive an exceptional, personalized education completely online.
Looking for on-campus degrees? Visit trevecca.edu to learn more.